Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Symbolic Still Life (Portrait)

I will be making a symbolic portrait of the characters from my favourite show, The OC. The four main characters are Marissa, Ryan, Seth, and Summer. It is kind of difficult to show them through the objects that I want to use because I do not necessarily have access to these objects.

In a perfect world, here are the objects I would use to represent them:
Marissa: Flask
Ryan: Boxing Glove
Seth: Comic Book
Summer: Credit Card

These objects really do ring true about the characters but perhaps I am thinking a bit literally.
No matter what the objects may be, I would position them all very specifically. Ryan and Seth have a "Bromance" meaning they are best friends. Marissa and Summer are the same way. But Summer and Seth are dating and Marissa and Ryan are dating. I feel that the objects would all be very close but maybe I will play with the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment