Monday, October 19, 2009

Reflecting at Mid-Term

As an artist in and out of the classroom, I think I have progressed to further more of my potential. At the beginning of the term, I had no idea what to expect of this class and therefore was a bit shy about creating things. However that never stopped me from putting forth my best effort and trying out everything that was offered to do. As I stabilized my confidence in my artwork, I began to breathe art in. I am very visually and audio aware. Everywhere I go I listen and look and take in things for what they really are, and for also the abstract. I have thought of myself as a creative person all along, but when asked to do things that are simpler, I tend to have more trouble. I like to get in detail with my work and make every line perfect. With the charcoal exercise I had to give up that notion of control and go with the flow. Somehow I was okay with that. Normally I am very protective of my drawings and make sure everything is good once so I do not have to go back and alter my piece in the process. I think one area in which I excel in is describing my work and how it feels to do this. Some parts I think I did very well in and grew in were my sketchbook drawings, not because of the way my drawings look, but about the thought and carefulness I put in my work. An artist is anyone they want to be and can be anyone. Everyone is an artist in some ways even if they do not realize that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment