Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's in the Sack?

In your own words, describe what the goals for today's drawing were.
How well did you achieve these goals? Give specific examples from your process and/or from the finished drawing. You might even describe what challenges you faced.
Today we drew from observation of plastic bags with objects inside of them. We started out drawing fast, just getting the gist of the objects and then worked slower, concentrating on shapes and coloring in and shading. This process was noisy and speedy at first, then quiet and meticulous afterwards. I think I did pretty well achieving these goals. Although I could have made more generic shapes rather than focusing in on the smaller pin point objects, my overall process went really well. One obstacle that I faced was I had a lot of black and no shades in between. When going back and being more specific, I shaded in and erased a lot of the black to make things seem real.

No comments:

Post a Comment